Tuesday, March 24

Ahhhhh!!!! NEED TO VENT!!!!

Okay I need a vent moment!! I have to have EVERYTHING in my house packed in less then 48 hours. I don't even really have time for this right now - but like I said I NEED TO VENT!!

Okay so we left speech today and Ian was asking for fruit salad and Nathan was crying for a drink. So we stopped at Ralphs to get some fruit and an ice water at the Starbucks. As I we walk through the produce I realize what kind of project I just signed up for (making a fruit salad!!). So we just get some pre made salad and bread and this and that. You know how that goes one thing turns into ten!!

We head to the check out and Nathan is mad that Ian has one of those plastic forks and he doesn't. So, we go back to the deli to get one for Nathan. While paying, Ian takes the plastic off his fork and drops it on the ground. I tell him to through it away (trash is at the other cash register behind us) and we will walk back and get another one.

I swipe my card - turn to walk toward the deli and . .

Ian IS GONE!!!

I immediately think he went to get a fork by himself. . . . . but no Ian. I start calling our his name thinking maybe he already ran back to the cash register. . . . NO IAN!!!! Ok panic starts to set in. The lady pages him. I am so now looking around frantic in the front of the store (thinking maybe he stopped to look at candy or something!!) I would say all of this lasted a good minute. Which if you ever lost a child, a minute is a LONG time!!

Just then a lady walks in the front door HOLDING IAN'S HAND!!! I was like "WHAT???!!!" He Went OUTSIDE!!??? The lady said he walked to the car and then started chasing a BIRD in the PARKING LOT!!!!!! So as she is yelling this to me from across the store, I go to turn the cart to head toward her and Ian and . . . . .

MY ENTIRE SHOPPING CART TIPS OVER And NATHAN GOES FLYING OUT!!

He being the amazing super tough baby that he is, just stands up unshaken - thank goodness. However, My PURSE is spilled everywhere (and EVERY pocket was conveniently unzipped!) and my groceries are all over the place.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO EMBARRASSED - SO MAD - and SO RELIEVED all at the same time!!! After everything was picked up, I scooped up whatever mom dignity I had left, calmly thanked the girl who helped me and walked with my head up right out the door. All I could think was "just get to the car - just get to the car . .) I was a little emotional on the way home, surprisingly less then I thought.

Okay so here I am. I just need to get through the next 48 hours. Then I will be on a plane off to visit my Mom!! :)

As for now, I need to get back to work and now . . . . .
Ian is asking for his FRUIT SALAD!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Ian and Nathan and YOU are ok! Things can get so crazy when you're in the middle of moving. My mom backed her car into a pole once because she was stressed about moving and wasn't paying attention. Breathe. It'll be fine.

How long are you visiting your mom for and can we see you this time???

Kim said...

Serry Berry! Oh, I wish I was there to give you a giant hug!I feel like that every time I go to the store with Maddie by myself. I only have one baby and she's confined to the shopping cart! You are a great mommy - don't worry. It will be a funny story to tell the boys later when they're older. Love you - be safe on your trip!

melissa gargalis said...

I can only begin to imagine. I would've been hysterical. Luke ran away in Kohl's one time, that was pretty fun, but going outside to the car is a whole other thing! Glad you survived, hope you have fun at your mom's.

Kristi said...

I would have cried for sure! Well, tomorrow is another day. :)

MarkandBec said...

I'm sure you've already heard "you'll look back on this and laugh one day".... so sorry for such a tramatic trip to the store. It's amazing how quickly everything can go wrong & then still get worse :0) Definitely a mom moment worth remembering....

Happy Me said...

OOhhhh my GOODNESS!!!! that is just the sort of thing to happen to you because you already don't have a zillion things to worry about!!! Glad everyone's alright. How is everything else? Did you have chocolate? =)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, that has got to be one of the craziest/scariest/funniest stories I have EVER heard...seriously.....
I feel bad for you, that was crazy!!

Christine said...

I can't believe you walked out of there so calmly!

I don't know if I could. There would've probably been some kind of emotional breakdown.

I remember when I was pregnant with my second and my first boy who was 2 threw the hugest tantrum in the store. It was so bad I left the cart there and spent the next 30 minutes struggling to put him in the car seat with my big belly in the way and him melting into jello every time I would get close to strapping him in.

I even had someone park next to me...do their shopping and come back to find me still struggling.

These are the kinds of stories my kids love the best to hear about now. Now they can feel sympathy and for my struggles and wea can laugh about it....so you'll get there too someday.