Well my little man turned 3 on Friday, June 27th!! I cannot believe I have a 3 year old. You don't have to worry, Ian won't let me or anyone forget that he is now 3 nor the fact that now he can do everything "All-By-Myself!” We met up with Grampa and Gramma, Aunt Becky, and Aunt Heather at Chuck E Cheese where we played for a couple hours. He has only been there twice before and now this is by far the ultimate place to be. First time was the Grandparents - just for fun. Second time was when he seriously potty trained himself. And yes - just to be sure it was serious, we promised after a sticker chart was full - we coud go. So, here we are visit three and now he's a pro on everything. I think his favorite thing is shooting hoops with Daddy. Which is funny cause we do that anyway but there is something special about doing it there. The other thing he does over and over is drive the Barney car or the Bob the Builder digger. Which Nathan was (for most of the time) occupying one of those two. Becky and Heather found a game, where with Becky's mad skills, could rake in a whopping 20 tickets per token!! Yea - crazy!! So while Ian played - they made enough in tickets that we came very close to breaking even (if we were to literally walk in the store and by the junk that he got :) We figured that with the junkie toys (which amazingly he is still playing with and I am still picking up :) plus entertainment - we got a pretty good deal! So we ate at In-n-Out (Ian did his classic pose in the picture) and then hurried home for presents and cake. Yes - the worm cake!! Worms weaved all through the crushed Oreos and frosting! It actually turned out better then I had planned. Ian got a new bike that is blue and yellow and is called the 'Gravel Blaster.' It’s a pretty cool bike and is already zooming around on that thing - faster then is comfortable for me. He now has a smokin' red helmet that I can see from across the park (and yes that does happen so it’s nice to be able to see his little head zoom around)! So, now (since this post is a few weeks late) we are in the new age of three, I am afraid to report that someone has taken our sweet little Ian and replaced him with this new stubborn, defiant, temper-tantrum, door slamming, how far can I push my parents - child. Yes - all in a couple of weeks. We HAVE to choose our battles in order to maintain a certain level of peace in our home. Keep our sweet little Nathan in your prayers. He has a lot to put up with now that his big brother is one minute a sweet friend and the next his worst enemy.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment