Monday, September 28

a crafty group

Okay so I have been a SEWING MACHINE lately!! (haha - get it??:)
I bought my fabric for my Christmas quilt the day after Christmas last year! Well I am proud to say I am on my second row of squares and I think its going to be beautiful!
Someone told me for a family tradition, they had a Christmas blanket that is what they read Christmas story's with and used it for cuddling all month. I loved that idea and my goal has been to finish it before Dec 1st!!
So when I need a break from the sewing the quilt, I sew other things or attempted I guess :)
Here are just a couple things I have worked on the last couple weeks . . . .

These are all throw pillows for my living room. I can't stand the cost of of throw pillows and refuse to pay $20 for a tiny pillow!!


I made them long to go along the edge - just to add some color

These are still a work in progress. I loved the pumpkin pattern but I think I need to add something more to it. I added a border around the edge and that helped. I still walk by it and just stare at it because I can't figure out what it needs :)
We are going to have so many pillows by the time I get it right!!


Okay and I saw this idea and thought it was the cutest thing ever!!

This just took me an afternoon to do. It is made out of a dish towel. I think if I were to do it again, I would skip the apron bib part and just make it more tool belt style.





We painted one afternoon a couple of days ago. I just tape up the long roll of paper on the sliding glass door and let them at it! It makes for easy clean up. I just hose everything down and were good!


Someday I will fix Ian's little smock. Its a pillowcase with holes cut in it. I need to hem it - its on my list :) Nate just wares a shirt that Ian ruined the last time we painted. He took off his pillowcase and that was that!! :)



Oh and just to get into the spirit of Autumn, I decided to die my hair brown. Ian would not smile right with me so this is the best I could do! He kept sticking his chin out and then laughing, so this was the only one without part of a head cut off! :)

. . . and you can't even really tell my hair is even darker

fabulous

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, crafty Vincents! Sarah, you look great!

Carleton & Robyn said...

I totally want to make the tool best of crayons. Soos cute. I love the pic of you and Ian.

Yvette said...

The pillows are really cute! You are such a good mom. You do lots of fun things with your kids. You do look great in your picture, you look so happy! I miss you, you're such a great girl!